CAMPAIN AGAINST PFRDA BILL
KERALA SETS AN EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO EMULATE
Collects nearly 7 lakh signatures!
The following campaign program has been implemented in Kerala State in phased manner.
1. A well organized state level convention was organized at Ernakulam (Kochi) on 09-07-2011. About 1000 employees participated. Com Sukomal Sen, Sr Vice President, All India State Govt. Employees Federation inaugurated the convention.
2. District level conventions were organized in all district Head-Quarters on 16-07-2011 and 17-07-2011. State committee members of the confederation attended the district conventions.
3. Evening Dharna was organized in every district and Taluka head quarters on 28-07-2011 and 29-07-2011 at prominent locations. Average 200 members participated in each dharna. Various trade union and service organisation leaders addressed the dharnas.
4. Signature campaign was organized in three phases.
a. First Phase :
Inaugural function of the signature campaign was organised at all District head quarters on 25-08-2011 with big public meetings addressed by unions leaders. Important personalities were invited to sign the memorandum during the inaugural function. Wide media coverage was given.
b. 2nd Phase :
Members of the organisations of steering committee visited all offices and institutions and collected signatures throughout the state from employees and workers.
c. 3rd Phase :
Members of the organisations of the steering committee approached the public throughout the state and collected signatures. Booths for collecting signatures from public were erected in front of all important offices like post offices, state Govt. offices, Bus stands and other public places.
5. Signature campaign was continued up to 13-09-2011. Total 6.5 lakh (Six and half lakh ) signatures have been collected during the period from 25-08-2011 to 13-09-2011 (20 days)
6. A train Jatha was organised on 13-09-2011 and 14-09-2011 from northern end of Kerala (Kasargod) to southern end (Trivandrum). State level leaders travelled in the train from Kasargod to Trivandrum, district level leaders handed over the bundles of signatures collected after conducting big demonstrations at all important railway stations at district head quarters. The program was widely covered in the media. The state level leaders were finally received at Trivandrum railway stations (State capital) with big rally.
7. March to Rajbhawan was organized on 16-09-2011. About 7000 (seven thousand) employees and workers participated. The march was inaugurated by Com. Pinarayi Vijayan, State Secretary & Politburo member of CPI (M).
8. Efforts are being made to ensure participation of maximum number of delegates in the November 25th Parliament March from Kerala state.
Confederation Charter of "Demands – Campaign "
1. Campaign week was observed from 01-09-2011 to 05-09-2011 throughout the Kerala State. Gate meetings and demonstrations were held in front of all important Central Govt. offices and charter of demands was explained to the membership.
2. District level conventions of central Govt. employees were organized in all the DISTRICT ON 19-09-2011 AND 20-09-2011. Com. K.K.N.Kutty, Secretary General , Confederation , who was taking rest after his surgery ,inaugurated the district convention of Malappuram District near his residence on 20-09-2011.
3. Dharna was organised at every District Head quarters on 28-09-2011. On an average 200 Central Govt. employees participated
4. Program of march to the office of Chairman , Central Govt. welfare co-ordination committee was organised on 20-10-2011. A big procession was conducted from AG's office to GPO, Trivandrum. About 1000 Central Govt. employees participated. The march was inaugurated by Com. P.K.Sreemathi Teacher , Ex. Health minister of Kerala .