Dated – 08.03.2016
1. NJCA INDEFINITE STRIKE DATE AND STRIKE NOTICE SERVING DATE POSTPONED TO 11TH JULY 2016 & 09TH JUNE 2016
NJCA meeting held at JCM (NC) staffside office on 07th March 2016, after detailed deliberations has decided to postpone the indefinite strike date of 11th April 2016 and strike notice serving date of 11th March 2016 to 11th July 2016 and 09th June 2016 respectively. The following are the reasons which necessitated the change in dates.
a) While summing up the discussion on Charter of demands held on 1st March 2016 by Empowered Committee of Secretaries (ECoS) with JCM National Council Standing Committee members, Cabinet Secretary has stated that reasonable time should be given to the Government for a fair consideration of all the demands raised in the Charter of demands, since the issues concern inter-departmental consultations.
b) After declaration of the Election schedule in five State Assemblies, the Election Code of Conduct has come into effect. Further there will be polling on 11th April 2016 (strike commencement date) in West Bengal and Assam.
c) As per Section 22 of Industrial Disputes Act 1947 with regard to the validity of strike notice is not more than six weeks from the date of serving the strike notice. Even if we give strike notice on 11th March 2016, for commencement of indefinite strike after the election dates (ie 20th May 2016), the six weeks period will be over by that time and we have to serve fresh strike notice again.
Considering all the above aspects, the meeting took the following decisions:-
1. The indefinite strike shall commence from 6am on 11th July 2016.
2. Strike notice would be served on 09th June 2016.
3. Massive demonstration shall be held in all workplace on 11th March 2016 in support of the charter of demands and strike decision.
4. The decision of the NJCA would be communicated to the Cabinet Secretary.
5. Detailed mobilization programmes would be given later on.
Copy of the NJCA Circular dated 07th March 2016 and letter addressed to Cabinet Secretary dated 07-03-2016 are enclosed herewith.
In view of the above decisions, the state C-O-C level joint meeting of office bearers / committee members of C-O-Cs and affiliated organizations of Confederation scheduled earlier will be rescheduled after NJCA mobilisation programme is finalised. Department-wise campaign and mobilisation on charter of demands (Common demands plus Department specific demands) shall continue.
2. CENTRAL TRADE UNIONS DECIDES TO HOLD NATIONAL CONVENTION OF WORKERS IN NEW DELHI ON 30TH MARCH 2016
The Central Trade Unions in their meeting held on 27th January 2016, besides deciding to stage All India Protest Day on 10th March 2016, also decided to hold National Convention of Workers towards the end of March in New Delhi to discuss and decide on next courseof action programme against the anti-people and anti-labour policies by the Govt. The convention will now be held on 30th March 2016 at Mavalankar Hall, New Delhi. The convention will commence at 10.30 am on 30th March 2016.
All C-O-Cs and affiliated organisations of Confederation are requested to make the 10th March 2016 All India Protest Day a grand success jointly with other Central Trade Unions. Regarding National Convention on 30th Marfch 2016 the C-O-Cs in and around Delhi are requested to ensure maximum participation of Central Govt Employees in the Convention. National Secretariat members of Confederation, who are available in Delhi shall also attend the Convention.
Copy of the joint statement issued by Central Trade Unions is enclosed herewith.
3. WFTU- TRADE UNION INTERNATIONAL – PUBLIC AND ALLIED SERVICES - WORLD DAY OF STRUGGLE AGAINST PRIVATISATION ON 4TH APRIL 2016
The Trade Union International Public and Allied Services – World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU) has given a call to observe 4th April 2016 as “World Day of Struggle against Privatisation”, focusing mainly on the following issues:-
1. To demand modern, efficient, quality, universal and free public services, to answer the real needs of the workers and people, against their outsourcing or privatization, refusing its use for the accumulation of profits by the oligarchy.
2. To demand the repeal of all rules affecting the rights of Public Administration workers in the countries where they are imposed.
3. To demand improvements in the working and living conditions of the Public Administration workers, namely better wages and work times compatible with their personal and family life.
4. The end precariousness of employment contracts and have guarantees of stability in public employment to ensure the independence from Capitalist Governments, either in the central, regional and local administrations and in the State – owned business sectors
5. To exercise the right of Trade Union freedom (association, meetings, demonstration, participation etc) in all workplaces and the right to negotiation and collective bargaining.
6. To implement social policies that answers the interest of the people and workers for a fairer distribution of wealth, with the rejection of charitable social policies.
7. For the rejection of all neo-liberal policies and austerity that in various parts of the world seek to destroy the labour and social rights of workers and people.
8. To struggle for peace and internationalist solidarity against war, militarism, aggression, interference and blockades that undermine the interests of the wokers and people – in defence of national sovereignty, for the people to freely decide their destiny.
Confederation National Secretariat call upon all C-O-Cs and Affiliated organizations to observe 4th April 2016 as “World Day of Struggle against Privatisation” along with All India State Government Employees Federation (AISGEF) and Bank / Insurance Associations and Federations.
Confederation of Central Govt
Employees & Workers